Our kitchen design and bathroom design work has been showcased extensively and frequently in many national interior design and remodeling magazines such as: Better Homes and Gardens Kitchen and Bath, Oregon Home, The Oregonian, Portrait of Portland, Renovation Style, Great Kitchen and Bath Ideas, 50 Dream Kitchens, Better Homes and Gardens Before & After, and many others.
Mosaik Design & Remodeling Press
Homes and Gardens NW
Portrait of PortlandPortrait of Portland, "Reality Show", 2013
Great Kitchen and Bath Ideas"Relaxed and Refined" Summer 2009 pp. 70 - 77
Kitchen and Bath Ideas"Two Chefs, One Space" Spring 2009
BH & G: Kitchen & Bath Ideas"All About" January 2008 pp. 44
Renovation Style"Simply Green" Spring 2008 pp. 63 - 68
BH & G: Before & After"Twice as Nice" Summer 2008 pp. 96 - 99
BH & G: Kitchen & Bath Ideas"Zen Zone" August 2008 pp. 96 - 98
HGNW (The Oregonian)"Bold Harmony", February 15, 2007
Renovation Style"Cocktails at 7", Spring 2007
Renovation Style"Serene Dream", Summer 2007, pp. 45 - 48
BH & G: Kitchen & Bath Ideas"Dramatic Duo: Before & After" June 2007 pp. 106 - 111
50 Dream Kitchens"Happily Ever After" and "Cozy Collectibles" 2006, Meredith Publications, vol. 2, no. 2 pp. 66 - 67, 114 - 115
Kitchen & Bath Design NewsJune 2006, cover
Oregon Home"Before & After", September/October 2006
The Oregonian"Fit for Two Pros", November 2006
Dream Storage"Return of the Classics" Premier Issue 2006 pp. 10 - 13
Renovation Style"Love Story", Winter 2004
BH & G: Kitchen & Bath Ideas"Form Loves Function" July/August 2004 pp. 60-65
Portrait of Portland"Kitchen Fusion", 2003
Here are some additional high profile publications that have featured our work
- houzz.com's Featured Ideabook, Houzz: "A Spacious Basement Gets in the Game", 2012 , [ view portfolio ]
- Portland Monthly, Portland Monthly, "Stepping Into the Past", July 2012 , [ view portfolio ]
- Portland Architecture, Portland Architecture, July 2012 , [ view portfolio ]
- Oregonian: Homes and Gardens, The Oregonian, October 2012 , [ view article ], [ view portfolio ]
- The Oregonian, "Bold Harmony", February 2007
- The Oregonian, "Out with the 60's", March 2007
- HGNW (The Oregonian), "Beige is Beautiful, Don't Dismiss It", November 8, 2007
- , "Spectacular Homes of the Northwest", Book published in 2006
- , "Tour of Remodeled Homes", participant 2006, Whole House Remodel #1
- Portland Tribune, "Ranch Renaissance", March 7, 2006
- Portrait of Portland, "Not Your Neighbor's Craftsman", 2006 Vol 12, , [ view portfolio ]
- The Oregonian, "Funnel of Chance Encircles Corbett", May 2005
- The Oregonian - Home and Garden Section, "Shrink Wraps, Slinky Flat Screens Invite New Coverups", November 18, 2004
- The Oregonian - Home and Garden Section, "Lighten Up, A Simple Mantel Lets the Fireplace Sizzle", December 2, 2004
- Better Homes and Gardens, "Form Loves Function", Cover
During our simple kitchen update with Mosaik Design & Remodeling, demolition of our cabinets revealed a defect in previously installed slab granite. We were faced with a problem and Mosaik designers creatively solved it.
Their new plan opened our existing space, improved our Columbia River view, and provided a highly efficient, spacious and carefully thought out kitchen in our home. Thanks to a detail-oriented project manager and his team of highly skilled sub-contractors, the work was done perfectly. Excellent communication with us and strictly adhering to the project schedule allowed completion on the date promised.
We have nothing but praise for Mosaik Design & Remodeling. They were a joy to partner with and we absolutely love how they transformed our main living area. That flawed piece of granite? It turned out to be a blessing in disguise!
- Lisa and Doug Ruecker, Vancouver, WA”
How often these days we hear the buzz words, reduce your footprint.
It’s a term that refers to sustainable living; a hot topic here in Portland, where many people are committed to taking up less space, not more. An increasingly popular remodeling idea, many homeowners are excited to learn they can capture unused spaces – basements, attics, garages and ADUs (Accessory Dwelling Units) to increase sq footage and add character and functionality to a home.
We were honored to be invited to participate in Portland’s annual Tour of Remodeled Homes, which included a total of 14 homes around the city and a wonderful variety of remodeling projects. For our showcase project, we transformed a dingy basement to increase living space… without actually adding on. The basement – 1700 sq. feet of unused and virtually forgotten space – was a diamond in the rough just waiting to be re-purposed!
More than 200 people dropped by our Tour home to see how we transformed the narrow, maze-like basement (empty for 16 years) into a bright, fun and practical living space. This re-purposed space increased the value of the home and, even more importantly, provides a wonderful area for relaxing, entertaining, and enjoying family and friends.
Click to see a short recap of the show, including a video glimpse of our basement transformation (near the end of the short, 2 minute clip) – you won’t believe your eyes! Check it out and be inspired! 2013 Tour of Remodeled Homes – Transforming Basement Space