If you want to minimize the environmental impact of remodeling your home, choose a home remodeler who understands “green” options. Our team at Mosaik Design & Remodeling is conscious of our effect on our surroundings throughout the design and construction process. The U.S. Green Building Council has created a point system to determine how “green” building design, construction practices, and operating processes are through the Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design Program (LEED.) However, the LEED Program has not yet developed a system for remodels. Instead, the Regreen Program has been established for remodelers by providing a set of tools and resources that offer guidelines for environmentally conscious remodelers.
Some of the guidelines to be aware of in your remodel are:
- Choose energy-efficient lighting and appliances, as well as water- and energy-efficient fixtures and faucets.
- Select a design that allows aging-in-place, which will eliminate the need to remodel the home later in life.
- If a kitchen remodel is on your radar, request resource-friendly, low-emission cabinet and floor materials, as well as install ventilation to keep air quality high.
- Remodeling doesn’t have to mean adding on. You can reconfigure your space to make it more efficient and functional.
There are many other guidelines that the Mosaik Design & Remodeling team would be glad to incorporate into your “green remodel.” Please give us a call and we can discuss all of the details!
Radiant floor heating is a cozy luxury that anyone would enjoy in a home. Imagine waking up on a cold winter morning, and stepping onto the bathroom tile. Instead of being startled out of your sleepy state by shocking cold tile, your floors are warm; and you are able to gradually wake up at your own pace.
We recommend and use Nuheat Floor Heating Systems which allow for programmable and non-programmable thermostat options. These easy-to-install electric heat mats can be used under a variety of flooring surfaces, giving you the flexibility to add extra warmth wherever you choose in your dream home. Please contact us if you want to discuss adding this appealing luxury to your future bathroom remodel.
The kitchen is undoubtedly the most used and cherished room in your home. Often called the heart of the home, the kitchen is the place where functionality and design style meet—both of which need equal attention. Because this balance can be difficult to achieve, a kitchen designer is often needed to help navigate the endless possibilities of design styles, materials and cabinet choices avalable today.
We often begin our process by asking the following questions:
- What are you trying to achieve? A complete overhaul or cosmetic update?
- What is your current lifestyle? Is it casual or formal? How do you entertain? Cook? Does the entire family help with meals or is there just one main cook?
- What is your design style? We often take cues from the style of the client’s home and incorporate that look into the kitchen design.
- What is your budget? The budget will affect all the remodeling decisions, so it is extremely important to discuss budget first. It is the kitchen designer’s job to offer a smart design solution that is within your budget without compromising the integrity of the design.
You can hire a kitchen remodeler to just create a kitchen design so you can get multiple bids from contractors, or you can contract with a design/build firm like Mosaik Design & Remodeling to help smooth the transition from the design phase into the actual construction phase. The design/build model minimizes mistakes and takes the anxiety out of the remodeling process by providing seamless communication between the design team and the construction team, resulting in an excellent quality project that is completed on time.